Richard (Dick) Alexander is the Founder and Managing Partner of the Alexander Law Group, LLP. He is a nationally-recognized personal injury lawyer and consumer protection advocate. Dick has over 30 years of in-depth legal expertise in the areas of traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, wrongful death and other serious injuries resulting from car, truck, motorcycle and SUV accidents as well as injuries from defective products, leading to an exceptional record of success on behalf of his clients.
Dick has successfully represented clients against large companies and organizations such as IBM, Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, BMW, Nissan, Honda, Pacific Gas & Electric, General Electric, Amtrak, Southern Pacific Railroad, DuPont, Shell Oil, Amoco, Chevron, Dow Chemical, Nationwide Insurance, Allstate Insurance, Fluor Corporation, Bausch & Lomb, Sears, Weyerhaeuser and the California Department of Transportation.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Ohio Wesleyan University with double majors [economics and political science], Dick was awarded a full-tuition National Honor Scholarship to the prestigious University of Chicago Law School where he earned his Juris Doctorate.
Dick began his legal career working with renowned attorneys Melvin Belli and James F. Boccardo before starting his own firm.
Dick has strived throughout his entire career to make the law work for the common man; to be an advocate for the consumer, and year after year his superior results are noted by his peers and by what his clients say about him.
No lawyer fights harder than Dick Alexander to make sure his clients get the compensation they deserve.
Awards and Accolades for Outstanding Achievement include:
- Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association
- Statewide Street Fighter of the Year nominee, twice, by Consumer Attorneys of California
- Best Personal Injury Lawyer by San Jose Magazine
- Rated “Superb” by AVVO, nationally recognized independent attorney evaluation
- Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating year after year, nationally recognized peer evaluation
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America by the American Trial Lawyers Association
- Super Lawyer by Northern California Super Lawyers
Associations & Memberships:
- Vice President, California Trial Lawyers Association (1995-1996)
- Board of Governors, California Trial Lawyers Association (1990-1994, 1997-1999)
- Vice President, State Bar of California (1987-1988)
- Board of Governors, State Bar of California (1985-1988)
- President, Santa Clara County Bar Association (1984)
- Trustee, Santa Clara County Bar Association (1979-1981)
- Founding Member, National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Founding Member, California Attorneys for Criminal Justice